Pages

12/1/10

Portable Changing Pad

I bought some laminated cotton for a project and my boss at Pink Chalk asked me if I wanted to take extra and test a pattern for her.  I said ok.  :)      It's called "Time for a Change" by Melanie Hurlston of Melly & Me and is a really cute portable changing station.


This is the one I made.   I had some trouble with the laminated cotton.  I was sewing with it on top with a regular foot and it just didn't want to move.  I turned it over and it worked better.   A friend told me she uses a Teflon foot with laminates....gonna have to check into that.   Also the pattern had a teeny boo-boo...the directions for putting in the flaps are opposite of how the pattern front picture shows it.  Not a big deal but it really needs to be like the picture so that the wipes & diaper can't fall out the sides.

 
And this is mine all closed up.    See those puckers along the curved edge?  That's my mistake.  I made regular straight grain binding instead of bias.  Not sure where my head was!   Doesn't look too good but I wasn't about to rip it out. 
Pretty cute, huh?  

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the pink fabric....such lovely colors and pattern!

Faith said...

What a great idea! I think it turned out nicely, despite the puckers. ;)